Monday, October 20, 2008

Jet-lagged

I'm on the first day of a week and a half trip to Asia. The next few days will be spent at the Chinese University of Hong Kong where I'm giving a seminar. The CUHK campus is perched on the side of a mountain overlooking Tolo Harbor in the New Territories. It's a stunning location.

The trip was smooth, though I would have really appreciated being able to sleep past 1 a.m. this morning.

Besides the wonderful views, the highlight of the trip has been a gecko who appears to be the original tenant in the apartment. He hasn't tried to hit me up for insurance ("Dave, have you ever thought about what your wife and kids would do if you weren't around and how a universal policy might help?"). However, there will probably be a few free hours before the sun comes up early tomorrow morning when he might be able to catch me.